The Melton's

Invest and Impact

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving in Lubbock

This year we actually stayed here in Lubbock for Thanksgiving Day. I got off from work late Wednesday night and I work early Friday morning so it would have been a REALLY fast trip. Our plan was to sleep late and do nothing, but that didn't happen. Well part of it did and part of it didn't.
Since I've been getting up pretty early, I woke up wide at awake at 7:30. I went ahead and got up and watched the episode of Prison Break that I feel asleep in last night. I was such a nice wife and let him sleep. We sat around here, talked to our families and then decided to go watch a movie. After that we drove around Lubbock and looked at houses. We looked in this one area but it is WAY WAY WAY out of our price range, but it was fun to look at. Its called Vintage town homes. The website is www.vintagetownship.com You should check it out. This area looks like it should not be in Lubbock! Its a really nice area but way way way way way way way way way too expensive!
It was weird being away from our families today. Knowing that they are all in one house watching football and eating. I guess I realize more and more the older I get how truly thankful I am for all of my family. Last night when we decided not to go and stay here I really almost cried. Only because I've never not been around some part of my family on Thanksgiving. It made me appreciate and be even more thankful for them. And appreciate Chad more. We had a great time hanging out, watching tv, relaxing together. Since we've been in Lubbock we haven't had a weekend or a day to do nothing by ourselves. It was a good day overall but I even learned alot with just the two of us here. It is when you are away from your family you realize how incredible they all are! We love ya'll!

As we drove around looking at houses, we stopped and took this picture!


This was our Thanksgiving meal. We were going to do chicken fried steak, but we didn't want to go to the store. So we has soup right as the cold front came blew in!


Pearl is alive and kick'n here in LBK!


After our GREAT thanksgiving meal that was cooked in about 15 minutes!


Happy Thanksgiving! Oh yea....we put up are Christmas stuff. Well....we only have room for our stockings! But they are up!

2 Comments:

Blogger emily and kyle said...

We flew solo this Thanksgiving too...my parents decided to wait until next weekend to come up for the Big XII championship game. Happy Thanksgiving!!

November 27, 2008 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I had NO family here today :( Made me sad but I am going to Emily's tomorrow. We had practice this morning and a game tomorrow, but A&M practices in the morning so it would have been a quick trip as well. I'm excited to go see Em & Kyle this weekend and my parents next weekend. Happy Thanksgiving!

November 27, 2008 at 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home